embrace the power of email marketing
A lot has been said about the diminishing effectiveness of email marketing in the B2C environment, and even more so in the B2B environment. The statistics, however, suggest otherwise.
Recent research studies have variously found that:
- 86% of business professionals prefer to use email when communicating with customers
- 59% of B2B marketers still maintain that email is the most effective marketing tool
- 30% of US retailers use emails to contact subscribers regularly
- 80% of retail professionals nominate email as the greatest driver of customer retention
- 73% of millennials identify email as their preferred means of business communication
These, and related statistics, suggest a number of things:
- Email marketing is alive and well, and potentially as effective as ever
- Emailing high quality databases can drive both sales and retention
- Young people are not the only focus of social media
Email marketing still has a place in many B2B marketing strategies. Email can be an effective driver of business, particularly when:
- A high-quality list is used
- The audience is well defined, and the email personalised
- Emails are tailored for both desktop and mobile devices
- Priority is given to simplicity, which, in turn, increases opening rates
There is also data suggesting that email works better in some industry sectors than others. Taking into account industry sectors, opening rates are found to range from 4% – 22%. This outcome is also impacted by the quality of the email.
Embrace the power of email marketing.
Sources of core statistics – TESSA DeMARCO VE, SMART INSIGHTS, FORBES, CONTENT MARKETING INSTITUTE and WORD STREAM
READ MORE – www.djohncarlsonesq.com
D. John Carlson – Adviser and Speaker – 0402 273 350 or email@example.com .