Return on investment is maximised when the consumer is at the centre of the strategic planning process. Consumer-centric marketing leverages data to drive enquiries, conversion rates, margins, the average transaction, and repeat business and referral rates.
As a director or mentor, I bring to the table, lateral thinking, strategic insights, a long view and an in depth understanding of consumer behaviour.
Placing the highest possible priority on understanding the client and market, identifying the problems and opportunities, and engaging management, staff, and consultants, I advise on:
- Research –understanding markets and identifying opportunities.
- Brand – defining, creating, and communicating a brand.
- Culture – building a team that brings the brand to life.
- Marketing – product, pricing, communication, and distribution.
- Communication – traditional, non-traditional, and digital.
- Business development – systematic B2B business generation.
Thirty years working with clients across Australia has taught me that facilitating strategies that can and will be fully implemented requires prioritising:
- Data – enabling more reliable and profitable decisions than intuition.
- Intellect – the objective, critical, and lateral interrogation of data.
- Innovation – generating fresh ideas that will drive performance.
- Perspective – addressing immediate needs and long-term opportunities.
- Ethics – developing and living values that exceed stakeholder expectations.
- Engagement – ensuring that management, staff, and consultants are onboard.
- Delivery – on time, to budget and to specification.
My academic background is in psychology, education, and business. I sit on several boards, including commercial and not-for-profit. I am passionate about sharing what knowledge I have – leveraging my expertise in writing and public speaking.
To facilitate budgeting and ensure value, I prefer to be engaged on a fixed fee basis.
Two other things to note are that – without exception, I say it as I see it, and most importantly, I am always up for a pot of tea and a chat.