CUTTING THROUGH THE BULLSHIT – 1
The word BRAND has been bandied around for years by advertising agencies to create the illusion of science and complexity.
In truth creating a creating a great brand is not easy and the process of BRANDING can be complex, but there is nothing deep about the term BRAND
Your BRAND is essentially a summary of your market’s expectations of you
Your businesses BRAND is a summary of the target market’s expectations of that business
A product BRAND is a summary of the target market’s expectations of that product
What your target market expects of you is your BRAND
The process of managing that expectation is BRANDING
- What do the people that matter to you expect of you?
- What does your target market expect of your business?
- What does your target market expect of your product or service?
Clearly answering these questions in turn involves:
- Defining your target market
- Understanding that target market
We need to drop the bullshit surrounding BRAND and get down to managing our brands
This issue will be discussed in detail on THE D. JOHN CARLSON NETWORK – https://www.djohncarlsonesq.com/publishing/
- John Carlson is a behavioural scientist, strategic planner and lateral thinker focusing on branding, marketing, communication, personal advancement, business development and behaviour management. https://www.djohncarlsonesq.com/