ensure your site is right on all devices
Some 89% of consumers say that they trial a competitor following a poor online experience. Some 95% of users of online devices say that a good user experience is important. But, what are the characteristics of a good user experience? This is the first of five thoughts touching on this complex issue.
Research completed in the United States in 2017 found that 82% of consumers ‘multi-screen’ or use more than one screen at a time. Among other things, this highlights the need for a website to work well on all platforms, particularly mobile devices.
Other studies in the United States have found that:
- 85% of users expect the mobile experience to be as good as the desktop experience
- 52% of users say that a bad mobile experience makes engagement less likely
- 48% of users are often frustrated with mobile experiences
Providing some context to these findings, other research has found that:
- 81% of consumers research on a mobile device
- 63% of Americans regularly purchase using a mobile phone
- 30% of Australians regularly purchase using a mobile phone
The facts are:
- Mobile devices are becoming more important
- Consumers expect a similar experience on all devices
- Mobile devices, more often than other devices, do not live up to expectations
If you consider your own experiences, you will appreciate these facts.
In 2018 – ensure your site is right on all devices
Every year – put the facts ahead of intuition and guesswork.
Sources of core statistics – Amaze Digital, Monster Post, Impact, SAGipi, UX Planet, WebUX, Red Web Design
READ MORE – www.djohncarlsonesq.com
HAVE YOUR SAY – https://www.facebook.com/djohncarlson/
TALK TO ME – email@example.com